- Syngenta among first to win Southwestern Ontario Top Employer award
- Progressive, people-first approach contributes to successful workplace
- Syngenta also recognized as one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers in 2024
Syngenta Canada Inc. has been named one of Southwestern Ontario's Top Employers for 2024. The inaugural award, established by the organizers of Canada’s Top 100 Employers project, recognizes leaders in their industries that offer exceptional workplace environments.
“Connection, community, and belonging is just part of what makes Syngenta a great place to work. We’re proud to be recognized for fostering an environment where our employees can grow, innovate, and help contribute to a thriving agriculture sector in Canada,” says Trevor Heck, President, Syngenta Canada.
With a workforce across nine provinces, and offices in Alberta and Ontario, the leading agricultural company was also recognized as one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers (2024). Both awards demonstrate Syngenta’s commitment to being a progressive, people-first employer and highlight how it cares for its employees.
Stacey Redford, Head, Human Resources, credits the 377 employees at Syngenta for the win. “Every single person who works at Syngenta Canada has made this a great place to work. Together, we will continue to cultivate an inclusive workplace that empowers our employees, fosters growth and development, and promotes a healthy work-life balance,” she says. “These awards are just the beginning. We aspire to be recognized as Canada’s Top 100 Employers and have an ambitious people strategy to help us get there.”
Top employer award recipients are evaluated on eight criteria: workplace; work atmosphere and social; health, financial and family benefits; vacation and time off; employee communications; performance management; training and skills development; and community involvement.
Here are some of the reasons that Canada’s Top Employer selected Syngenta as a winner:
- Progressive time-off policies - providing six weeks of annual vacation entitlements for all employees and five paid personal days that can be scheduled throughout the year as needed.
- Parental leave top-up – supporting employees who want to start a family with maternity and parental leave top-up, to 100 per cent of salary for up to 17 weeks – additionally, employees can join the Caregiver Connects group to build community and share experiences with childcare and elder care.
- Profit-sharing – Syngenta lets everyone share in the company's success with profit-sharing and year-end bonuses available to all employees.